PEPPERMINT IGUANA

BACK STAGE AT PEPPERMINT IGUANA HQ: Gigs, Festivals, Parties, CDs, Books, Protests, travels, photography and Cardiff City FC

Saturday, January 14, 2006

DIGITAL METAL DUB CELT: Failed atempt to stay out of record shops in cardiff

Headed down to the big smoke today to buy a camera from Zoë Iguana’s birthday.. and some how managed to come home with CDS and books.

My first CD shopping expedition of 2006 netted me a bit of a mixed bag.

MONSTER MAGNET: Dopes to infinity: Grungy metal in a similar vein to Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction
ELECTRIC WIZARD: Dopethrone: Scary, heavy as f*ck 21st Century answer to Black Sabbath’s Maters of Reality period.
DREADZONE: Once Upon A Time: Dubbed up digital funky beats from the band that where there when dub and digital dance first collided.
AFRO CELT SOUND SYSTEM: Anatomic: Pioneers of the Afro Celtic sound clash stylee, which has been copied by so many but rarely matched.

Also, although I was determined not to buy any books, I could not leave ‘The making of The Stone Roses’ by Nigel Cawthorne and ‘Passion Is A Fashion: The Real Story of The Clash’ by Pat Gilbert sitting on the shelf with £2.99 stickers on them.

As for the original aim, managed to pick up a nice little Olympus Miu at a bargain price (it had been a demonstrator model). I was a tiny bit p*ssed off though, got talking to the guy in the shop and discovered that my Fujifilm Finepix F10, has been replaced by the F11. I love my F10, but the only fault I can find with it is that there is no manual shutter speed or aperture adjustment, needless to say the new F11 has these features. Inevitable they would do it I suppose though. Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home