PEPPERMINT IGUANA

BACK STAGE AT PEPPERMINT IGUANA HQ: Gigs, Festivals, Parties, CDs, Books, Protests, travels, photography and Cardiff City FC

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

CRAZY PINK REVOLVERS TO REFORM?: Another Iguana favourite comes back to life

Been getting some work done on the Peppermint Iguana website lately. While surfing the net to find some links, I did a search for the Crazy Pink Revolvers. They were only around for a few years 1986 to 1989 but in that short burst they knocked our socks off enough to earn a place in The Peppermint Iguana all time top ten favourite bands.

They released two albums on vinyl, but I have never been able to track down any CDs. When I did a search this weekend I came across the Stan Stammers website. Stan was with Theatre of Hate, then Spear of Destiny with Kirk Brandon and eventually formed Crazy Pink Revolvers.

Since 1997 Stan has been living in New York and performing with Plastic Eaters. I had not come across them before, after downloading some tracks off the website I was quite impressed, reminded me a bit of a cross between 25th of May and EMF; techno punk type stuff.

But, as excited as I was to hear Stan’s new band, what got me really worked up was the fact that it looks as if CPR maybe getting together to do a few gigs in 2007. It also looks like they will finally be releasing their stuff on CD, digitally remastered and all that stuff.

RDF, Omnia Opera, AOS3 and Police Bastard reforming and now Crazy Pink Revolvers …. 2007 is looking hot already!

PS: Looks like Theatre Of Hate will be rerorming for a 25th anniversary gig next year as well!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought spear of destiny was a fascist band, or is there more than one?

 
At 6:29 pm , Blogger Clint Iguana said...

There is only one band as far as i know, but they weren't fascists. I can confirm that because i met them several times over the years.

Having said that, the name spear of destiny could be considered a bit dodgy, it refers to a spear that allegedly pierced jesus when they were hoisting him up on the cross.

As a young man Hitler was fascinated by The Spear of Destiny , which he first saw displayed in the Hofsburg museum in Vienna, Austria in 1909. Hitler was very familiar with the legend of The Spear of Destiny. His interest in the relic was further amplified by its role in the 1882 opera Parsifal — by Hitler’s favorite composer, Richard Wagner — which concerned a group of ninth-century knights and their quest for the Holy Grail.

Hitler's own words describing the Spear of Destiny.

..."I knew with immediacy that this was an important moment in my life....I stood there quietly gazing upon it for several minutes quite oblivious to the scene around me. It seemed to carry some hidden inner meaning which evaded me, a meaning which I felt I inwarldly knew yet could not bring to consciousness.... I felt as though I myself had held it in my hands before in some earlier century of history -- that I myself had once claimed it as my talisman of power and held the destiny of the world in my hands. What sort of madness was this that was invading my mind and creating such turmoil in my breast?". He later stated that he moved "like a sleep-walker where Providence dictates." when in the presence of the Spear of Destiny.

Singer Kirk Brandon also had a thing about what could be considered Aryan haircuts and there was a lot of Aryan imagary involved in their artwork, but none of the band displayed any fascist tendancies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home