PEPPERMINT IGUANA

BACK STAGE AT PEPPERMINT IGUANA HQ: Gigs, Festivals, Parties, CDs, Books, Protests, travels, photography and Cardiff City FC

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

JOURNEY THROUGH THE CENTRE OF WONDERLAND: Another drive up the A470

Another conference, another drive through Mid Wales. I don’t understand while people moan about this journey; some people I know actually go out of their way to nip over into Engl@nd, drive up the M5 then come back across. They are missing a treat.

I wont say too much because I have said it before, but today I travelled the 200 miles on my own, taking 5 hours and loved every mile of the mountainous journey. I stopped several times to get out me trusty Finepix.

In particular I spent a while wandering around Blaina Festiniog, an amazing little town that grew up around the slate mines/quarries. This must be one of the most rugged settings for a village anywhere in the UK.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home